Are you a company that would like to plan a volunteer opportunity to celebrate Earth Day? Or a High School student who needs to submit some volunteer hours in order to graduate?
Send us an email if you’d like to volunteer.
Please download the Volunteer Agreement in advance of arriving at the event – if you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent’s or guardian’s signature!
For all volunteers:
- This is a rain or shine event. Bring rain gear if it looks like it might rain!
- Please make sure you have filled out and signed your volunteer form, and if you are under 18, make sure your parents have signed it. We cannot have anyone working the event without that form.
- If you have volunteer hours paperwork to be filled out for school or work, make sure you bring it with you!
For volunteers working on the community clean up project from 9 am-10:45 am. We will provide cotton gloves, trash bags, garbage pickers etc.
- Meet at the clean up spot—left corner of Government Center (when you’re standing in the parking lot)
- Wear hard soled shoes or boots
- Bring gloves if you have them
- Wear a hat if it looks like a sunny day or a rainy day!
- Dress in layers, long sleeves and long pants will help you stay safe from potential threats of poison ivy, ticks and brambles/prickers.
- The clean up will be completed by 10:45
For volunteers working the Earth Day/Arbor Day event (not including the clean up)—there are many tasks available! We need:
- Volunteers from 9-11 to help vendors and exhibitors set up
- Volunteers from 11-4 to help answer questions, take pictures and video, wear fun Earth Day costumes, and help with children’s activities.
- Volunteers from 1-4 to help clean up, make sure stuff is being recycled, etc.