Spring 2016 Environmental Internship
Do you have a passion for the environment? Do you have some creative ideas on how to teach sustainability to Fairfax residents of all ages? Do you want to “own” some important projects and get some real world experience? Clean Fairfax is a 30 year old environmental organization that serves Fairfax County, and we are looking for a part time intern (fewer than 10 hours per week) to work on some of the following projects:
- SpringFest 2016 The County’s Official Earth Day and Arbor Day Event
- Membership and fundraising campaign
- #NetPositive! and #PlasticFreeProduce our reusable bag pilot project to be implemented in Fairfax Farmers’ Markets and area grocery stores
- Writing white papers, brochures, and position papers on recycling, waste reduction, litter prevention and creative reuse
- The Clean Fairfax Website and Social Media Sites (writing articles for the blog and keeping the Events page updated as necessary)
Bilingual (Spanish or Korean) a plus; web editing and graphic design; event-planning; video and audio creation and editing; persuasive writing; working knowledge of Constant Contact/MailChimp, WordPress, Microsoft Office suite; Adobe Creative Suite, content management on various social media sites.
Excellent communication skills; high computer and technology comfort level including social media; sense of humor and flexibility with tasks; interest in the environment and education; attention to detail!
There are currently no health or fringe benefits associated with this internship. However, a transportation stipend and/or general stipend (depending on hours worked to be awarded at the end of the semester) can be negotiated. We are close to both GMU and NOVA, reachable by public transportation, open to telework, and offer flexible hours.
Forward your resume, a brief explanation of your interest, availability and what you wish to achieve by working here, and a short (one page) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading “Internship”.
Thank you for your interest!