Do you have a passion for the environment? Are you looking for some part time work, an internship, or a way to boost your resume? Do you have some creative ideas on how to teach sustainability to Fairfax residents of all ages?
This is a term-limited part time position, 8-15 hours per week,available August- December, and January-May (summer hours may be available)
Responsibilities May Include :
- Organizing: Official Earth Day/Arbor Day (SpringFest April 21, 2018)
- Content Management: Clean Fairfax Website and Social Media Sites
- Researching and applying for grant/sponsorship opportunities
- Graphic design and branding for Clean Fairfax and SpringFest
- Administrative and organizational office tasks
- Other tasks as needed, depending on skill set
- Excellent English language communication skills
- high computer and technology comfort level including social media
- sense of humor and flexibility with tasks
- working knowledge on environmental advocacy issues
- must be able to multi-task and show attention to detail
- Bilingual (Spanish or Korean) a plus
- web editing and graphic design
- volunteer management
- video and audio creation and editing
- persuasive writing
- knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Quickbooks.
This position has a stipend for co-op students or college student interns, or a bi-weekly paycheck (depending on hours worked) The office is conveniently located, with plenty of parking and accessible via public transportation. Some projects may be worked on remotely.
Forward resume and short cover letter outlining your skills, interest and anything else you want us to know!
Executive Director, Clean Fairfax
firstname.lastname@example.org (required—no calls!)
with “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.